Thread: Vidirerna

Post Vidirerna

Ok so here is one of my maps. It's the players map from a camaign I never finished. Anyway It's drawn and coloured by hand. The water, towns and name is added in photoshop. I try to add some more maps later.

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vidirerna2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	2525  

See, now you complained in your introduction post that you were shy about posting maps, and now you give us this?? You have nothing to be shy about! This simple little map is perfectly acceptable! Good color palette, pleasing ridge lines...it's just fine!

If you ever felt like editing it, I can see lots of places for you to go, but it's nice the way it is, too. Good first post.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    See, now you complained in your introduction post that you were shy about posting maps, and now you give us this?? You have nothing to be shy about! This simple little map is perfectly acceptable! Good color palette, pleasing ridge lines...it's just fine!

If you ever felt like editing it, I can see lots of places for you to go, but it's nice the way it is, too. Good first post.
    Well I guess I overcriticize my own work. Honestly I really haven’t published anything myself on the net before so it’s always a bit scary the first time.

About editing the picture I'm not going to do that. It's an old map and as I wrote in my earlier post the campaign was never finished.

It's also more fun to start on something new rather then redo your old sins. So when I have something more fresh I let you all know :-)

It's also more fun to start on something new rather then redo your old sins.
    I guess that we could argue that point. I've found that it can be a lot of fun to take an old image (artwork, map, or what have you), and re-do it from scratch after some period of time, once new skills or techniques are mastered. I find it exceedingly interesting to see things evolve over time.

But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    I guess that we could argue that point. I've found that it can be a lot of fun to take an old image (artwork, map, or what have you), and re-do it from scratch after some period of time, once new skills or techniques are mastered. I find it exceedingly interesting to see things evolve over time.

But maybe that's just me.
    Well I can agree on that. It might be interesting to completely redo the map with new techniques. But that is a different thing then start editing an old map....if you know what i mean.
    I might try to remake it in CC3 as a project to learn the program.

It sounds like you may be tired of this maps' idea, so I suggest at least letting it "rest" for awhile. In a month or two (or more) you'll look at it with different eyes and perhaps gain that enjoyment The Cartographist speaks of
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]