Thread: New to Cartographer, any tips?

Default New to Cartographer, any tips?

Hi,

My name is Scott. I have been gaming for pretty much most of my life especially role playing games (BESM, Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 and 4th ed) as well as many other games. I am planning on creating an adventure to wow my party members. Though i can create the monster i don't know how to set the scene properly. I am 17 years old and hoping to become a Game Designer one day, level design is important in that line of work. As the title of this thread is, if you have any tips of where i can start or know any techniques i could use that would be an honor if you shared them with me. I am really glad to have joined the Cartographers Guild. Thank you for cooperation as i take my first steps. ^^

Sincerely,
    Arcadious

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild. Although the focus of the guild is making maps, there are a lot of roleplayers inhere, I, myself have been playing a loooong time and I guess we all have some tips and tricks now and then. However to really find tips on how to make a good scenario I'd suggest joining a GM forum as well. But if you make a WIP thread for your campaing/scenario map you can always get tips and help as you work - just ask the questions in the thread.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That makes this guild even better! I thought this was about rpg map making, i have always wanted to learn how to draw up maps (i tried to make a mind map once and it was so bad my teacher asked me if i even tried at all). I look forward to learning a lot, thank you ^^

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave