Thread: Game of Thrones homebrew board game.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Game of Thrones homebrew board game.

Yes, I know there are already several board (and card) games set in Westeros, but... you know, whatever.

[edit] OK, I updated the map. It now uses Tear's map. I need to add the connecting lines and sea routes & etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameboard 2.jpg 
Views:	60620 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	37894

[/edit: back to the original post]

so now that that's out of the way, some gameplay rules:

The purpose of the game is to make yourself King by controlling King's Landing, your own starting lands, and to have more than half of the minor lords as your bannermen.

Players will move armies around the board, recruiting forces, gathering supplies, and fighting each other. Through military victories, the taking of hostages, bribery, and various special abilities; players can win the support of minor houses, allowing them to recruit more troops, and ultimately win the game.

Each player starts with a home territory, a castle and lands, as well as two minor houses that start on their side, each with its own castle and territory. Those of you who are familiar with the series can tell who the starting houses are (it should be played with 4 to 8 players)

You can see that there are spaces on the board covered with meat, gold, swords, or skulls. This has to do with the mechanic by which armies gather supplies. I can describe it in more detail if you need.

This is still very much a work in progress - I don't plan on keeping the bright green lines - but until I get the board and routing balance down, the art stays as it is. Oh, and I made it in Paint.net

so.... what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gameboard 1.jpg 
Views:	56838 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	37852  
    Last edited by MazrimTaim; 08-19-2011 at 01:06 AM.