Thread: *** August/September Lite Mapping Challenge - a garden ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post *** August/September Lite Mapping Challenge - a garden ***

*** July/August Lite Mapping Challenge - a garden ***
    Get your planting gloves on, get your fingers in the dirt and map a garden. It can be a normal garden, it can be your own garden, the garden of your dreams. And if you have weird dreams (or normal in my case) it can be a magical garden, an underwater garden, an alien garden - basically you got free hands - so get'em dirty

Be sure to have the garden completed by the 12th of September when this challenge will close. (so be done by the 11th)

For each entry start a new thread in this forum with the title:
    August/September challenge entry - <your title here>

Before any thumbnail write:
    ### Latest WIP ###

This will allow the thumbnail scraper to pick up the thumbs to create an array of the posts for people to check out.

Remember to visit the other contestants threads and comment/advice and so forth so everybody learns

The winner of the challenge will win fame, glory and a $40 store voucher from Profantasy. Good luck!

Last edited by Steel General; 08-18-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I placed every item here myself. Do I win?

(Hey, at least it's not Farmville... )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GardensOfTime.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	503.3 KB 
ID:	37866  
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Blog Entries

*lol* ... gotta dig out my frontier ville garden... bet its a bit overgrown after months of no attention
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Have to say, almost wasn't going to enter in this one. I mean given the style of maps I learning to draw just didn't see it going over well but then it came to me, looks like I will be grabbing the camera and going out to take some pictures today. Funny how I have 20 gigs of images and still need to go out and get more.

Blog Entries

one of the ideas of the challenges is in the name... challenge - to map new things, new styles etc.
    regs tilt

Wont have the opportunity to enter in this challenge either . Have done absolutely no work on maps for the last 3 weeks, and wont have any time in the near future (damn learning for exams and drinking has the habit of taking ones time away...). But I am looking forward to seeing the entries, I myself have no idea how to make such a map (can't be done wit the only way I know) so I will be quietly observing your maps, maybe I can learn something.
    Good luck to all participants, may the best map (and lad) win !

Guild Journeyer

Thankfully the weather co-operated (just about) today so I could get the better photo for my entry in.
    I am a geology nerd.

Blog Entries

oops ... forgot that I tried to push the challenge back to the official time - it will be closed within the next hours
    regs tilt