Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP - The Continent of Tamriel

It's actually not a drop shadow. I had Gaussian blurred the letters slightly, inverted the color to white, bump mapped the letters on themselves and then set the layer to soft light with a duplicate layer above set to grain extract and opacity 50% with another duplicate layer bellow Gaussian blurred to form an unsubstantial glow when set to divide. Maybe I may have accidentally bumped mapped some labels with a different azimuth? But it's something else about them that's bugging me, it's not fitting the composition of the map somehow. I dunno....

Thanks for the compliments and greetings everyone.
    Last edited by geamon; 08-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Spent all yesterday adding/scouring for sources on the net containing road information. So here's the result unsure of the accuracy but hey it's better than nothing. Disabled the ocean/sea labels until I find a better version that fits. Also did additional color corrections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel.jpg 
Views:	3561 
Size:	336.6 KB 
ID:	37906  
    Last edited by geamon; 08-19-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Great work so far - I'll keep an eye on that

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Looking Good , have to agree that Compass Rocks Dude

Guild Novice

This map looks great. Also, I think the TES: Arena province maps have roads on them. The Imperial Library (here) hosts them. Also, this map, which is a partially edited scan of the Skyrim map seen in one of the game previews, has some roads on it. There is another one at that angle without the highlighting somewhere, but I can't find it.

I've used all those sources already. Problem is the arena maps don't mesh with any of the more modern TES game or maps. I think I've got an accurate enough road system as I will ever get.
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Applicant

It is really pretty!

The texture and colors feels like rugged and tinted paper, or suede leather. The subtle depression on the borders gives it more leather than papery feel.
    The towns could be small studs in the leather following the same idea of craft. Only the flatness and overbright white of the capitol star in the center feels off I think.

Good work. I'm looking forward to follow this work.

/Jim

Guild Apprentice

Looking good so far. In fact it makes me a bit nostalgic. I wonder if they still consider me a hero back in Kvatch after all these years.

I prefer being the Gray Fox personally. haha
    Cheers, Julien

So I've labeled all the towns found an awesome font for it. Just struggling working with brushes or even creating my own. Best I've been able to do is modify Gidde's tree brushes a bit but placement is just awkward. I think I'm gonna need to polish my tablet skills and draw every thing by hand, I dunno.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tamriel.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	38089  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers, Julien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast