Thread: Interesting tool for tablet users - PenMoto

Default Interesting tool for tablet users - PenMoto

Ran across this in Google+

A kickstarter for PenMoto (which has reached its goal):
    PenMoto is a magnetic ring that quickly retrieves and stores a pen making it possible to transition from writing to typing with the simple flick of a finger. The self-sizing ring and coupler adapt to nearly any pen or stylus, and is ideal for a Wacom pen.
    Here is a video of the product in use:

-Rob A>

The good ol' god given tools

I think it's a neat thing, but how much one had to pay for it?

Thanks for sharing,
    >Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    ...but how much one had to pay for it?
    Pledge $25 or more (+$10 for non-US/Canada shipping) gets you:
    ...both self-sizing rings, small & LARGE. It also includes two couplers and eight adaptive strips that allow the use of nearly any pen or stylus. Color and finish are BLACK Gloss.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Pledge $25 or more (+$10 for non-US/Canada shipping)...
    Thank you, RobA.
    One day, and that day may never come, I have too much money and got tired of using my ear for this it could be a cool tool - at least it looks nice to flip the pen like this
    Perhaps Ravells will give it a try to avoid those chewing marks on his pens... I'd be glad to see a review.
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Well, that looks like another thing to put on my wishlist. I wonder if it's a hassle if you like to hold your pen in another position besides having the barrel right against the ring though? I'll have to go back and watch some more vids to see how they have it.

edit: Well, it looks like you can do what you want with it, I don't think the magnet is so strong that you can't place the pen however you want it but it will grab it when it comes into close proximity obviously.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 08-18-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I put the stylus back in the holder or in my mouth sometimes. I probably wouldn't use this but I can see where some would; it's nifty and I know a lot of dudes who do the pen flipping things with their fingers so this would be great for them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

It would make a cool gift for someone you know who has a tablet already. Besides, it might be useful taking notes during a lecture if you are going to be turning pages at the same time....of course, that's also why God gave us extra fingers
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Funky, But I can't really see myself using it. I can actually type just as well for short periods while holding the stylus (using 3 fingers) as without, and for sustained typing I just plunk it in the holder.

Even if someone got one for me as a gift, i'd probably use it for a few days and then get tired of having to put the ring on and then just revert back to my current habits.

But hey, it's funky.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."