Thread: WIP - Aeudas Subcontinent

Guild Novice

Default WIP - Aeudas Subcontinent

Sooo this is my first map, and it obviously is missing things like forests and cities but I wanted just a few opinions so far! My main problem has been the mountains because I wanted it to be a drawn sort of map. So I drew each mountain myself as i couldn't find a good stamp thing! So obviously the rivers are in blue and roads in red and you can sort of see where the cities and major towns are if you look at the roads.
    But yea thats bout it!! Oh if anyone knows any good city markers I would appriciate it!!
    Thanx XD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aeudas.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	37876

Looking good so far!
    Like to see some forests, cities, lables,etc.

For the city symbols check the map elements section. You should find something suitable. I am on the phone right now so I cannot link.

Keep it up,
    >Moe

EDIT: This thread will offer you a collection of several handdrawn map elements. As far as I saw them they are made by the gracious Ramah
    Last edited by Moe; 08-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Guild Novice

Thanx!
    Yea I've realised that the map is pretty much the easy part! Its fitting all the infomation on thats difficult!
    But thanx for the link I'll have a browse through and see if I can find any!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

All I have to say is that it looks great so far. Oh and you forgot to color the islands in the top left.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Thanx! Yea I know about that, it was because those islands was gona be like made out of some dark granite with like a thin top soil and battered by the sea and so I put them darker but it is too dark compared to the rest I think! But yea1 Thanx XD

I just noticed that you have a slight river issue in the west. The lake there hast two outflows. As tought by the river police a lake as usually only one outflow - if it has more due to heavy rain or flooding, one will "win" after some time and be the only remaining

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

D'oh! That got by me. Thanks, Moe.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That and there is a river that splits and both prongs dump into that lake as well. Should be two rivers merging then dumping into the lake.

Edit: Nevermind looked like both rivers were merged on this mobile
    Last edited by geamon; 08-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

"couldn't find nice stamp so I just drew them" .... man, if I did more of that than spending hours looking for just the right existing element (or font ... I'm a font junkie) maybe I'd get better at hand-drawn work. Your mountains are well done. Really, the whole map is coming together nicely.