Thread: Greetings :)

Default Greetings :)

Hi everyone,

My name is Weezdiggity and I just joined today. I have been working on a game project for a couple weeks now and been needing to figure out how to make a map for my game. So I decided to join the community here and learn as much as possible. The game I am creating is a web browser RTS that is post apocalyptic themed. I have am very new to making graphics, so I am looking for mostly a map generator where it is easy to create the terrain and mostly using the map as a background for I will insert sprites for 2d or 3d buildings and other objects. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also will be looking at a lot of the tutorials I have seen on the forums here in hopes to be able to create what seems simple, a very complex post apocalyptic map. The map size I am looking for isn't a world map, is more of a spread out large city map with a bit of the outskirts of the town like little villages that that are somewhat a suburb of the main city.

Welcome to the Guild weezdiggity! Well depending upon the style of map desired, Fractal Explorer 3 is a good realistic style land generator. Wilbur is also another free to download program that would be worth checking out. Beyond that I'm not really sure, not my area of knowledge. Someone else here might have other suggestions for you. However it may be worth your while just to try your hand at some of the tutorials here, you may be surprised at how quickly you are able to learn to digital map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Welcome to the Guild weezdiggity! Well depending upon the style of map desired, Fractal Explorer 3 is a good realistic style land generator. Wilbur is also another free to download program that would be worth checking out. Beyond that I'm not really sure, not my area of knowledge. Someone else here might have other suggestions for you. However it may be worth your while just to try your hand at some of the tutorials here, you may be surprised at how quickly you are able to learn to digital map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    cool thanks, I will give those 2 programs a look. And of course will look arround at the tutorials for some of the other software I seen.