Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muddle's random map generator

that's a great idea. thanks to all for their feedback, I will try and connect these two types of rooms and see if I can transition from one wall into another.

Ok, here's a quick attempt at connecting a room to a cave. There is one detail that stands out to me as not quite right, but I want to see if anyone else notices it first before I reveal which detail I am worried about. Feedback is always welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-connected-room.jpg 
Views:	2149 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	38198  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can't be sure but I think the wall with the door doesn't have a shadow coming from the top right whereas the other walls do. But I think that's pretty minor.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yea.. the lighting/shadows are not consistent... the cavern has a "bevel" looking edge that is missing from the stone work. Best to pick one style(preferably shadows so that orientation does not break tiles done with bevel) and stick with it for all....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Sorry for the long delay in reply.... Yes, I agree that the lighting is inconsistent, which has been bothering me a bit, but I actually intended them to be different. The cavern walls are supposed to be lit from the inside of the room ( highlighting the inner edge of walls. ) while the masonry stonework walls are supposed to be lit from the outside ( highlighting the outer edge of walls.) I am still working on this but in an effort to not get to frustrated by this problem and still have some fun, I put together a few player character icons to go on top of the map representing where the players are located. ( kinda like pixelated miniatures. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rpg-characters.jpg 
Views:	648 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	38289  

I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a specific program or browser it needs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12