Thread: Daizo Nora Mura

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daizo Nora Mura

Here's another one for my campaign. I've switched styles on the trees and I'm trying something new with them. Turned out ok, I think. I also did more of this one in SAI so it's about 50/50 SAI/Photoshop. This is mainly because I recently installed Windows 7 after a major disaster and CS3 doesn't run great in it for some reason. I'm having a bit of trouble with laggy/jumpy tablet pen strokes (grrr). Someone said I should probably just upgrade to CS5 but that's not really viable financially right now. =P

I'm going for an arid feeling with this one too. I have a western-style showdown in mind at some point in the campaign so I'm trying to convey the dusty frontier town aesthetic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daizonoramura.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	37923  

It bears indeed an arid feeling and the trees turned out quite well, too.
    Is the red barrier in the north a kind of gate? As there is no fence or wall connected to it I have some trouble identifying it

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

The red thing is a torii arch. There used to be a shrine there but now the torii is all that's left of it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice Larb, my only little nit-pick is the stroke on the buildings is a bit dark (for my taste).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very cool, man. The tree stroke should match the others, though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps