Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RPG World Map

(ugh, my login timed out, so sorry if this is a re-post)

I've been working on this map, but I've run into a decision point, so I figured I'd stop and ask a few questions:

Would you like the mountains to be drawn in like in the original, or represented by shaded areas (like in the goal picture), or like real mountains from above?

Also, would you like me to just trace and pretty up your original location markers, or draw new ones? And, do you want the markers in the same scale? The new map is 10.5"wide and 8" tall (for printer margins) at 300 dpi.

If you would rather have new drawings, please post the picture again with labels typed in next to each one. I won't include the labels, but it's easier than a key in this case.

Oh, I almost forgot:

Is the building in the water NW of the island an underwater ruin or is there a same-size island under it? And while I'm at it, what is the potato in the water to the east of that by the little tower?

Just wanted to say these posts just about made my day, and I was having a pretty bad day too lol Good to know somoene has accepted this Now, in response to your questions.

1. I would like the mountains looking like real mountains since they're an actual location you can go to. However, there should be only one mountain range, the one right below that huge brown splotch.

2. I think drawing new ones would be better, because the things I put on my rough draft map were just representations, not what they should actually be. But the size of your paper you are drawing on should be just fine (and yes, if you can, markers should be around the same scale). As for a new map, I'll put numbers next to each location and then put a description for that number under to give you more ideas on what it should resemble. I'll edit the topic in a couple minutes.

3. The building underwater is an underwater city and the faded thing to the east of that is an underwater cave.

EDIT: Ok, the topic has been updated appropriately.
    Last edited by The Law G14; 09-30-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks for the answers there. I'll finish a rough draft this weekend and we can work out the kinks after that. (Family is in town, or I'd be quicker.)

Thanks that's actually pretty fast, so great And if you would rather not speak here you can also email me at thelawg14@gmail.com

Thanks again!

I've edited the original post and I'm restarting this topic as the original taker of this request can longer continue working on this. Thanks to anyone who decides to take this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gai.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	41123

No structures yet.

This looks amazing! WOW! I know there is more to add but so far this is looking really nice! I'll change the thread title, thank you so much for accepting! By the way, if you'd like to email me it's thelawg14@gmail.com

Thnak again!

Are the trees OK? I kind of half-assed them and was thinking I should probably do them over at some point, but this was just to get the forests down so I had an idea of where stuff was.

Do you want more of a pen-and-ink LOTR-type map like the Final Fantasy one you posted, or something a little more satellite-image-looking? Could go either way at this point, but I was keying off the second thumbnail image in your original post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast