Thread: August/September challenge entry - Lytant's Sungarden or The Regent Lady's Hideaway

Default August/September challenge entry - Lytant's Sungarden or The Regent Lady's Hideaway

Aloha mates,

I decided to come up with a challenge entry for this month - unless time will be an unsuperable obstacle to me, I look forward to present you the Sungarden, situated in the royal quarter of Lytant (the city already known from my 'Arcane Acadmey'). Nowadays it is made public to Lytant's citizens and initially has been a gift of the old king to his beloved queen Kyra.

The WIP you will find below is a first rough sketch made in Illustrator. My aim is to fill the different areas with lots of vegetation, a few buildings and proper labeling going into the depths of (fictional) botany. As to the technique: I will try to fill everything with textures and perhaps I will end up in transfering this to a 'painted' map. I tend to change my plans often, so be aware

And here is the first WIP to give you a vague idea of the area.

>Moe

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	augsept_prev1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	37927  
    Last edited by Moe; 08-21-2011 at 04:54 AM.
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Good to hear you are entering, I'd wish you luck but with you entering I probably need to find a mirror and wish me it instead. *laughs* Seriously though, good luck!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice shape... good to see you entering again, I hope I manage to get some time to enter myself
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I can't wait to see where this goes. After last month's entry I expect this to be pretty cool. =)

As it was to be feared I couldn't find enough time to work on this. Currently there's a sh** load of work here... drives me crazy.
    I hope that I'm able to return to mapping within the next weeks.

Sad to say so, but this is now withdrawn. Good luck to alle the other competitors!

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -