Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Server upgrade in progress, post here if you have any problems.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just applied a patch to upgrade the software as well as the security of the site. Once I merge all the templates, there may be some visual bug fixes, especially with the editor I'm hoping. If you see any other problems or have any server errors, please let us know.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Pretty fast and no problems. But some CSS colors issues. I am typing now black on dark brown which is hard work. Also, for me, when I hover my mouse over some of the icons like say the jump to next set of pages it auto opens up the box. Same on moderation tools and general discussion etc. You used to have to click on them. There was another mid blue text on brown I saw the other day. I think with peoples profile text - ahh yes on the send private message list etc.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haven't had any of the server errors anymore I think, so I am a happy mapper.

Blog Entries

Well, the free week is over and we've scaled it back to something affordable. This of course may not be enough, so we'll definitely have to watch it closely. Please continue to post any errors or problems here.

As for template issues, those will probably get worked on this week.

Sent from my rooted OG droid running Steel Droid rom via the tapatalk app.

I have had an odd issue that may just be due to my needing to update my Firefox....which I just did to 6.0.1 but I've had thumbs from other threads show up in odd places while I'm looking around. For instance I was looking at the lite challenges and tilt had another person's thumb plop right in the middle of his sentence. I found that if I refresh my screen it corrects itself.

A few days ago I had this in another case where one of Map-vandal's thumbs was showing up as an avatar for another person. It was grossly over sized for an avatar as well.

I will take screen shots from here on out when I see it and hopefully this little update I just ran on Firefox will correct it. I just figured I would post in case anyone else is having any oddities like this as well.

Thanks again for all your work in this regard.

Edit: Just a few minutes after posting this and here is what I'm talking about. I'm going to reboot after this but I have to head out to work so won't post again for a while:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thmbissue.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	38181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thmbissue2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	38182  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 08-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I have had an odd issue that may just be due to my needing to update my Firefox....which I just did to 6.0.1 but I've had thumbs from other threads show up in odd places while I'm looking around. For instance I was looking at the lite challenges and tilt had another person's thumb plop right in the middle of his sentence. I found that if I refresh my screen it corrects itself.

A few days ago I had this in another case where one of Map-vandal's thumbs was showing up as an avatar for another person. It was grossly over sized for an avatar as well.

I will take screen shots from here on out when I see it and hopefully this little update I just ran on Firefox will correct it. I just figured I would post in case anyone else is having any oddities like this as well.

Thanks again for all your work in this regard.

Edit: Just a few minutes after posting this and here is what I'm talking about. I'm going to reboot after this but I have to head out to work so won't post again for a while:
    I had the exact same thing coming at another forum. There I chased it down to bad caching in my browser....a firefox upgrade fixed it for me there...

Also, the "auto-saving" popup mentioned is just a (new) feature of the text editor vBulletin uses, so if a page closes on return you should still have any text typed in the reply box.

-Rob A>

I just noticed that the word wrap in the reply box doesn't send whole words to the next line.
    Also, I tried logging in on a different computer, only to discover I had forgotten my password. I could not find the Forgot Your Password link that the FAQs say should be on the log in screen. There is a link in the FAQs, but I had to dig to find it.

Blog Entries

I've been using Chrome and haven't seen any cache anomalies. As for the faq. I think it may be time to reactivate the faq team and this time we finish the task. There's also a chance when I get fully functional with all my web capabilities that I'll redo the website theme completely. Alternatively if anyone has familiarity with vbulletin theming and wants to do a full new theme (sticking to similar colors) I can provide a means.

Sent from my rooted OG droid running Steel Droid rom via the tapatalk app.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

The autosave while typing is AWESOME. Saved me from retyping really long messages twice now!
    jax, you were asking how it works.. when I lost your post, open up a new reply, i found an option to use the autosaved text and there it was!

**in fact, I just got booted off the site, I'm replying right now, and I had my autosave waiting for me!

The only issue i've been having is that CSS issue, light blue text on brown background in the profile pages.
    I remember finding a page full of CSS style options and I manually adjusted the colour to dark green.. I was looking all over the place for that config page just before coming to this thread to post.. I'm guessing that was one of the demo features that is no more?

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I was getting unspecified database errors last night. Couldn't access the site at all. I don't know if that was related to the upgrade or not.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast