Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Server upgrade in progress, post here if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I was getting unspecified database errors last night. Couldn't access the site at all. I don't know if that was related to the upgrade or not.
    Please record the details of any errors and provide them here later if possible...

TIA-

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    The only issue i've been having is that CSS issue, light blue text on brown background in the profile pages.
    I remember finding a page full of CSS style options and I manually adjusted the colour to dark green.. I was looking all over the place for that config page just before coming to this thread to post.. I'm guessing that was one of the demo features that is no more?
    Grumble grumble. Dang forum software - this is a known issue (missing stylevar) since Nov 2010 and still not fixed. I hard coded the colour to the same as out site links.

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Cheers Rob, that looks a lot better.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

That's nice. I can work with that

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Server seemed really slow today for page loads but after I've clicked a few pages it gets a bit faster. One style thing I saw was the reply boxes for articles...the boxes were white and so was the text so I had to highlight everything (turns the background blue) to read the stuff on my Butcher map feature.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Grumble grumble. Dang forum software - this is a known issue (missing stylevar) since Nov 2010 and still not fixed. I hard coded the colour to the same as out site links.

-Rob A>
    I FOUND IT!
    I was looking through my Profile page - and in the top right there was a button that said "Customize My Profile". I clicked on that and it opened the custom colours page .. allows you to customize nearly all the colours of the site. Page colours, button colours, pretty much everything. that's where I'd switched the light grey to the dark green that day.

For what it's worth.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I have noticed over the past week or two that the login doesn't work correctly. I usually have to enter everything twice (the first time gives me a invalid URL message).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Not connected directly to the recent upgrade, but when I click on "Mark Forum Read" in the General and Software threads it doesn't look like it actually marked the unread threads as read. But if I go to the main forum list (or just reload the General and Software pages manually) they are marked as read. It does it in all browsers on all comps for me, It has been doing this for quite a while actually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123