Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Fantastic stuff...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice FrancoisGoulet's Avatar
    Blainville, Quebec, Canada (M4HG+V8 Blainville, Québec)

A bit too nice... It discourage me to even try doing something like that! ... I couldn't say enough how much I like those maps!

Blog Entries

Lovely maps, Mike. And thanks for sharing a bit of your workflow. Any time you feel like sharing more then I'm sure there would be many around here eager to hear it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Here's a trick to using brush stamps while avoiding that repetitive look. Only stamp the inks and occasionally flip them on their x & y axis. You can also add or remove a few details. That way, when you're applying color to the individual objects there will be enough randomness that they won't looked stamped. If you paint your light and cast shadows separately, rather than stamping them, it will help with the illusion. This way you can turn the ink drawing of a single building into dozens of unique map elements. Saves a LOT of routine drawing time that could be spent more productively.

stunning work again, as usual! .... and thanks for the insight in workflow and the tips & tricks! cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the little brush fires in the east there, I've been trying to figure out a way to do forest fires that wasn't kitschy. Great stuff, man. Must have taken a long time even with stamp brushes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Outstanding work as always. I agree with Moe - a book is what we need.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

Your maps are the reason I am now learning to do mapping of my own. Keep up the amazing work.

Amazing. Can't wait to use these in a campaign! The closeup of the "Protectors enclave" will be very handy.

I'll simply echo, if you post more specifics or maps, I'll be back to read and view them.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast