Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: August 2011 Entry: Lokar Bandits Hideout

Default August 2011 Entry: Lokar Bandits Hideout

Yes I know "What is he doing in the Mapping challenge?" The reason im not in the lite challenge is that I prefer this theme over the other. And gives me an excuse to map more of my fantasy world i've been working on and off with. The illustrious world of Skaya!

I will be trying to build on this style:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ed-Village-map

Holy.. I only have 2 days!
    I came back to say one thing.. Its more of a fortified village than a hideout so its a very scattered bandit village of sorts.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 08-24-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2 days... gotta hurry up then... map, map like the wind ... and great that you enter - there are no requirement of who may enter so the race is open
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

When I joined the Guild, there was only the Mapping Challenge, no such thing as a Lite Challenge, and even then depending on the challenge participation was sparse. We soldiered on while the Mapping Challenge started to really grow. So, I never got the luxury of having a Lite Challenge. My first challenge win was back in November 2007 - so I've been at it (being involved with challenges for a long time!) I've probably participated in over 20 challenges so far.

To me, the challenges have always been a testing ground to create experimental wonders within a limited period of time (less than one month) - its a learning experience that you just can't beat. You don't have to win, participating is half the fun.

Good luck!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

### Latest WIP ###

Most of this took me thinking about buildings and how they could be there and such.

Going pretty smoothly if I say so myself
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 08-24-2011 at 05:10 AM.

### Latest WIP ###

How should I do the buildings? Just plain black? Or diagnol lines inside of them? Or just the outlines, or (yes another or.) A hand drawn shaded style similair to what I did with the castle and one building.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think you shold shade them or remove the shade so they follow the same style. I also think you should make the castles lines as thin as the other building - right now its like the odd one out. I know its a mountain challenge, but they seem a little dominating, perhaps some outlining or go to a grey? (imho)
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Its turning out a bit.. Different. Its now 3 maps. With a story! If I can finish it in time that is.

### Latest WIP ###

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast