Thread: Unviewable maps in albums

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Unviewable maps in albums

Hi guys,

there are some maps like this, where the thumbs show but I can't view the maps at all. Guessing they were uploaded in a non-img-tag compatible format, pdf perhaps?

http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=223

Would be nice if this could be fixed, the thumbs look cool ;-)

- Nils

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Now that's a very good question. I don't have any way of knowing what format they are in but maybe RobA or Arcana could find out.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah. if you right-click on the undisplayed image then select "view image" it offers to DL the PDF.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ah, I didn't get that in my browser (Firefox). Wonder why.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Ah, I didn't get that in my browser (Firefox). Wonder why.
    The map name (Picture 1 in the referenced album is "Joined Britain") Right click on that and download the link or view the image and you get the pdf. The album browser does not serve up pdf's in a container format, it just dumbly warps the pdf file attachment in an img tag.

I'm checking for a solution with vBulletin...

EDIT: It looks like there is no decent solution The vBulletin core does not return the file extension when rendering gallery pages. I was hoping to put a conditional in the template and display a pdf object for pdf extensions, and the image for everything else. Looks like we will have to live with it for now....

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    The map name (Picture 1 in the referenced album is "Joined Britain") Right click on that and download the link or view the image and you get the pdf. The album browser does not serve up pdf's in a container format, it just dumbly warps the pdf file attachment in an img tag.

I'm checking for a solution with vBulletin...

EDIT: It looks like there is no decent solution The vBulletin core does not return the file extension when rendering gallery pages. I was hoping to put a conditional in the template and display a pdf object for pdf extensions, and the image for everything else. Looks like we will have to live with it for now....

-Rob A>
    OK, I've tried with an iframe, and it looks like now hitting a pdf will automatically start a download and images get displayed inside the iframe. Is that better, or worse ?

(note to myself: album_pictureview )

-Rob A>