Thread: Great city of Stathem - My new city-teq.

Wip Great city of Stathem - My new city-teq.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stathem-sponged.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	933.3 KB 
ID:	38064

My not yet finished map of a Capitol of one of the lands in my fantasy rpg stetting.

What do you think?

Looks nice, lerche. I like the watercolor vibe you have going. It's funny - at 100% the road splotching looks nice and random, but zoomed out one can see a regular grid to it. Not bad, just less tiling would look better. It has a nice organic layout.

For a big capital city I'd kind of expect more warehouses, industry, markets, and such. I get the river-gate on the east - but do the cross-river city walls at the west completely block river commerce?

I look forward to watching this one develop. Welcome to the Guild, by the way! Thank you for coming out of The Long Lurk. A map in the first post, and a nice one at that - well done! That's worth a dollop of rep.

Default Thanks

Yo! Thanks for the critisism. You are absolutely right about the warehouse thing, and also the pattern
    I made it in photoshop. The gates at the west is supposted to be a wall that ships can pass under (wich will be quoted in the notes).

Thanks for welcoming me, I've been using you a lot the past couple of years but enver participated in your threats, but I feel im ready to show some of my work now

Here is a an updated version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stathem-sponged.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	38076

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

very interesting style, looks good

Nicely done.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I like it! One thing with the blocking commerce, maybe the island and the small bridges would block ships? I feel like a bridge too small couldn't get high enough to let ships pass under.

Love the shape. The keep on the isle outside the citywalls is a great outstanding element

Maybe you're right about the walls at the west side of the city. I'm glad you like my work though