Thread: Worldmap - Cuvie.

Post Worldmap - Cuvie.

This is a map of the gameworld the gameworld I'm about to play in.

Critisism is welcomed. Both negative and positive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cuvie-revised-NewED..jpg 
Views:	1006 
Size:	958.5 KB 
ID:	38078

P.S.

I created it in photoshop using my personal mapmaking style - basically a mixture of different techniques combined

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

looks pretty good so far. that said, you will definitely want to fix your river's before the river police come after you

this link covers the basics of river's:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...he-right-place

good start though

Hey just for the help of it - can you point out some examples of bad rivers for me?

Would appreciate it, so I fully get the point of the mistakes?

Bte. check my city in the city/town discussion - Stathem it is called.

The most obvious problem rivers are the two coming out of the large lakes in the middle. Lakes very rarely (I.e. never) more then one output river.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Certainly

The River Luien (sorta hard to read) feeds the oceans in 4 different spots, and branches out in several different directions. Rivers always start off small and feed into one larger river which reaches the ocean. Any divergences from the main river either meet up again very quickly, forming an island, or create a delta. The river of Turgon is a very good example of a good river; it is structured like a tree, with smaller branches flowing into the main trunk. Also, lakes generally only have one outlet. (so another issue on your map would be the lake above Tosha, the upper lake on the Island of Ealand, lake Tuvan and the smaller lake right after it, and the lake just southeast of the tribelands) Also, the river that splits near Lupino is probably to far apart to be considered a delta.

That is most of the problems I can see.