Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myrn, a magical world with floating islands and sleeping dragons.

Map Myrn, a magical world with floating islands and sleeping dragons.

Hey! I wanted to share this map with you all. I started it a long time ago and I restarted it at least three times. Floating islands and overlapping landmasses were a real struggle to get right. There are a lot of hours in this map and I learned so much by trial and error. If I’d know this forum was so awesome I would defenitely have posted this in a WIP thread but it’s too late for that now.

These are the floating islands of Myrn, a hollow world deprived of magic and in a constant war for a precious stone called wandercystal that contains some magical energy. We play in this world in our D&D campaign and the lore is a combined effort. When a player is delayed or can’t show up we’ll worldbuild the whole evening telling each other stories that come out of nowhere. This world has a special place in my heart because it didn’t only bring fun but also some lifelong friends.

I hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	191DB1D6-2806-4B9C-93EE-2F3483CDA399.jpeg 
Views:	432 
Size:	6.94 MB 
ID:	123430

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This is just amazing! I love the level of detail with the different levels and the perspectives involved. I can really (not really) imagine how long this would have taken you to draw!

Another 'wow' for Dimension Door !
    I love it. I mean... how could we not love it ? Your drawing is amazing, your colors catch the eye, and your work is always original. I would maybe nitpick a little about the labels, not always readable and a bit too fancy for my taste but uh... just ignore me and be sure you worked well

Yeah, like the others have said, this is a marvel! I'm tempted to agree with Misty about the labels, and also I'd say that I'm a little confused about the guy under the tree in the foreground: is it a giant tree and a giant man, or is it just much closer to the viewer?

I also couldn't help but thinking that, when you named the city of Barathrum, it was because someone was desperate to use the... ahem... barathrum

Great work!!!

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

An image full of life!

The map is fantastic and I love your use of pretty unusual colors

Really original and colorfull work!

This is quite a magical world! Your design, colors, and originality are wonderful.

This map is incredibly beautiful, and I would absolutely love to play an RPG set there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast