Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draaklanden

Default Draaklanden

This was a commission from here

Thanks again (as always) to Ramah for 'The Tree Thing'. All done in Serif Drawplus. The client wanted something done in a Torstan / Ramah style. Although I could never produce anything as fine as their work, this was (I hope) a reasonable approximation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	draklaan render_36_2000.jpg 
Views:	2583 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	38111  

Wow! Don't sell yourself short, Ravs. It's not an exact copy of the superb styles of those two guys, but it is awesome all on its own. Very nice map!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dude, that's freakin kick arse! Snagged.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really great Ravs.. concider yourself rep-slammed indeed ... love the kilometermeasurement
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Those mountains are pretty darn sweet... did you do each by hand or did you use some mountain symbols? Super nice artistic style on those...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Cheers all.
    @Ascension - I'm honoured!!!
    @JF - They're done by hand, but I don't like them too much, they're not 'crunchy enough' for me. I've been practising a new hand drawn mountain style but I've still got a way to go with it. To colour them, I draw the lines on the top layer. Bottom layer is the mid tone, which is more or less a flood fill. Next layer up are the darks and the next layer up are the lights.

The little green foothills were a really nice discovery for me. They're a cheap and easy way to give the map a sense of scale and interest...I'll be using more of them in the future!

very cool map man! I got to remember seas can be done in green-ish and look very good. cheers, DJ

Of all of your work (that I've seen), I think this is my favorite piece. Nicely done Ravs!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very cool! I love the texture of the land... and your way of drawing the mountains is inspiring. Makes me want to give my Alithan map another try...
    Fantastische Kartographie - illustrations & maps by Schattenherz | DeviantArt | Drachenblut - german RPG board & world

Wow. Great map! I love this, all of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast