View Poll Results: Please Vote for 1 Entry

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orcish War Camp on Mount Griffonfall - by Sagenlicht

0 0%
  • Lokar Bandits Hideout - by eViLe_eAgLe‎

19 48.72%
  • Aerie Fief Aerie Fief is a region of land held in trust for the the youngest son of Lord Bonelli the Bald. It is a mountainous region with a good river system - by Map Vandal‎

7 17.95%
  • The Nine Bridges of Atayama - by Gamerprinter‎

12 30.77%
  • The Floating Mountains - by tilt‎

1 2.56%
  • Fort Pilot - by vman3force‎

0 0%
  • Prison Island - by anonymousfromyou‎,

0 0%
  • Snow Fury's Lair - by languard‎,

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a mountain location ***

Default *** August 2011 Challenge Voting - Map a mountain location ***

PLEASE VOTE FOR 1 ENTRY

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this month's challenge. As usual, excellent entries and as usual, a tough vote!

The Challenge this month was: to map a mountain top location in which mountains must be prominently featured.

There were 8 entries which means only 1 vote, I'm afraid (just to make it even tougher on the voters).

So please consult our new super-duper THUMBNAILS and cast your vote.

As always, please don't forget to cast rep to those deserving of it!

:: Edit apologies for the description of Map Vandal's entry where the copy and paste somehow captured the first line of his first post! ::

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great looking maps, to bad not all got to finish.
    Amongst the finished maps we have:
    evile_eagle: nice colors, and fun idea. A little heavy on the text side, and the mountain doesn't take up much attention.
    gamerprinters: always love gp's use of colors and he makes beautiful maps - so this month he gets my vote
    map vandal: nice colors, the town depiction like he used in the magic school map - he made an interesting map, however I don't really get a mountain feel as the challenge requires.
    sagenlicht: very nice mountain - but I feel something is missing from it
    vman3force: might have gotten my vote if he'd finished - really like the simplicity of it
    good job all - rep is on its way
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I voted for Evile_Eagle's for the execution and story. I think Sagenlicht's was my second choice, for the realistic rocky terrain.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Some great entries this round. I wish I had found the time and motivation to entry this one myself. I just had too many other things going on.

In the end I voted for EE's entry because for some reason I just really like the look and imagery of it. I wish I had it in my hand printed on a piece of leather you know? Good job man.

I'm in a rush this morning so I won't get into the others as I often try to do but there were things I really liked in most of them.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks for all the votes guys!

As usual a tough vote.

My vote did go to eViLe_eAgLe, its nicely done and reflects the spirit of the challenge more than maybe any other entry.
    The Floating Mountains by tilt‎ would have been my second choice, its a clever idea and overall its nicely done.
    The Nine Bridges of Atayama by Gamerprinter‎ - as always nicely done by GP. A great map.
    Aerie Fief by Map Vandal - its a nice map for sure I just didnt have the mountain feeling I needed to have to vote for it.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

I was torn between Evil Eagles and Map Vandals map, in the end, I loved MV's hatchuers, so I chose his map.

As an aside to eVIL eAgle - it's bad karma to vote for yourself, we never do - good map though!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I know.. Greedy.. But, I did it the first time entered a contest so its somewhat of a habit.. If I could re-vote I think i'd pick Map Vandal's.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 08-28-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Don't worry, EE, GP's forgetting this bit of ancient history.

GP: I loved the little Ukioye nod in your map in the river with the pure white foam against the bridge....beautiful! Like you, I thought that MV's hatchures were just magical...and I loved the font choice, it was perfect...but you were a very, very close second.

No, I didn't forget, that's why I don't it anymore, nor recommend others to do so. When I learn a lesson, I spread the wisdom, if I can.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast