Thread: A Regional WIP: Adelot (hand drawn)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip A Regional WIP: Adelot (hand drawn)

Hi there! I have never posted a true WIP so I thought I'd give it a try. It's been some while since I last posted on here; life intervened as it often does. "Hello" to those of you who recall me, and a hearty "nice to meet you" to those I've not met yet

This region of my world is a portion of the main continent with the loose cultural equivalent of a fantastic France. This first drawing is pen-and-ink with pencil on 14" x 17" Bristol board. I was trying out a style for drawing mountainous terrain that I ultimately decided not to go with. As I often do, this drawing was ultimately "discarded" but I kept it for reference for future projects.

The second and third drawings are on 17" x 22" vellum. The first is pen-and-ink with colored ink and colored pencil, the second is pen-and-ink with colored pencil. These were my early attempts at using color for clarification as well as my note-pages where I named the various towns, cities and landforms. As before, these have since been rejected and are kept as reference only.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adelot overall outdated overall blank001.jpg 
Views:	925 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	38125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adelot overall outdated color blank001.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	621.4 KB 
ID:	38127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adelot overall outdated color blank002.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	38126  
    Last edited by psyekl; 08-28-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."