Thread: Need help with choosing a map tutorial

Help Need help with choosing a map tutorial

A week ago someone showed me this site and one of the map tutorials which I have used to detail one of my maps, and make it look better than I imagined I could make it. However, I have another map. This map does not cover as much area as the previous map. My previous map covered as much area as a medium to large sized country. This other map I have does not cover that much area, if my calculations are correct, this map covers an area of about 147 square miles. Which means that placing a dot to mark a city would not really be appropriate considering that the city is much bigger than the size of the dot. If I just made the dot bigger, it would just downgrade the quality of the map. Thus, I want some help to find a map tutorial for situations like this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

without having seen your map, it might work not to use a dot, but an icon instead, there are a lot of brushes and icons to choose from on the web and here or you could make your own. I made my own in my Mountain Realms map (in my signature under finished maps), and made a mini-tut here
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks ravells that is exactly one of the things I am kind of looking for.
    This is the map tilt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westmark Campaign of the Threat War after the Battle Of Fort Drew.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	38141

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

going with those simple graphics, you might wanna make stuff like a cross for bigger cities or a circle - that could work, and perhaps change the colors as well to make them stand out more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise