Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inkling...

This has some interest for me as well so I'm curious to see how you like it. Thanks for taking one for the team
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Default Awesome new drawing product from Wacom

Hey guys! I know I've been pretty absent here lately (I'm in the process of moving) but I saw this and thought it would interest a lot of the artists on here. Check it out here: http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/12/w...ands-on-video/

Seems like it would especially be useful for folks who are awesome at drawing on paper and have trouble translating that to the screen (or folks who can't afford a cintiq).

I especially like that it can convert to vector and high-res bitman and automatically separates things into layers. Seems like a doodler's dream.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 09-12-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Like this? http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?15748-Inkling...

Thanks for the link to the video. That's gives a bit more info. Still haven't seen a final comparison of the scanned drawing to the inkling version yet. But looks pretty good.

Thanks! I didn't realize I'd missed it, and here I was wondering where my post went!

Bah!!!

The message boards say that Wacom completely underestimated demand.

The dispatch of your order has been delayed

Dear Wacom eStore customer,
    We are sorry to have to inform you that, contrary to our plans and your expectations, the dispatch of the following item, which you ordered, has been delayed:
    MDP-123 Inkling
    We apologise for the delay. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as the item is ready for dispatch.
    Thank you for your order, and for your trust in our products.

Yours sincerely,
    Wacom Europe GmbH

Suck. I live just up the road from Wacom. Want I should go 'lean' on them for you?

Hope you get it soon!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh, funny Mearrin. Back in the 90s I lived down the road from a text-based video game company (simutronics) and whenever I had a problem I would drive over there and talk to them in person...they didn't really like that too much but they couldn't stop me either.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast