Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** September 2011 Challenge - The Street of Your Dreams ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@GW, glad to see you back, please do enter
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

In my post, yes, that was from Street of Dreams by Rainbow. There are actually several Street of Dreams songs out there, Rainbow, Frank Sinatra, Guns n Roses and a few others that I'm sure I'm missing. Alas, though, as I'm still in the process of re-building my system and have retarded amounts of software to re-install along with trying (through forensics) to recover several Mbytes worth of textures, the possibility of me entering this challenge is looking a bit dim. But at least I'm able to hit the forum again.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I feel for ya, man. I lost everything back at the end of July and am slowly putting things back together.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Backups are your friend.

Well, I anything this comp has caused me to really stop and think. I will try and give it a go.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Backups are your friend.
    Yes, yes they are. Ironically, I was in the process of backing up my main hard drive (creating a mirror for just that sort of crash) when power dropped out in my apartment. Apparently it bounced the head on both drives (according to the tech) and the only way I can recover anything off of either of them is through forensics. Ah well, such is life. It has given me a good excuse to update several software apps, though, as well as boosting the hardware set-up. The old drives are being "autopsied" to see how much data I can actually recover, and, depending on the results, I'll have to make a decision as to how much I want to spend in the attempt to actually recover the data.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Yes, yes they are. Ironically, I was in the process of backing up my main hard drive (creating a mirror for just that sort of crash) when power dropped out in my apartment. Apparently it bounced the head on both drives (according to the tech) and the only way I can recover anything off of either of them is through forensics. Ah well, such is life. It has given me a good excuse to update several software apps, though, as well as boosting the hardware set-up. The old drives are being "autopsied" to see how much data I can actually recover, and, depending on the results, I'll have to make a decision as to how much I want to spend in the attempt to actually recover the data.

GW
    UPS are your friend, too...

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, the last power outage I remember happening here was twenty years ago and lasted a few minutes. I vaguely remember them being a little more frequent when I was a small kid, maybe 30 years ago.
    If I ever were to emigrate the shaky power supply in some countries would be a major culture shock for me.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Man, I got nuthin'. I kind of have a street layout in my mind, but I can't decide on a good style.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

maybe you should just try to roughly sketch the layout - or just write it down in text - then you might get inspired?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast