Thread: Golarion, the Pathfinder world

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Default Golarion, the Pathfinder world

Hi all,

I wanted to post my WIP on Golarion the official Pathfinder world. This is the Norther part. Also I added a large island (Centaur Isle) so I will not infringe on Copyrights.

IMAGE DELETED! (by me)
    Last edited by MadCartographer; 09-01-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

I really dig that compass rose Madcartographer! Look forward to seeing what you've got lined up for the map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

looking forward to see more of this!

Looking forward to seeing more...especially if you go beyond the parts they've already mapped.

IANAL but I don't think the addition of an island while you keep everything else will prevent you from infringing. Just using their placenames (such as Golarion) without permission is infringement, I believe. However, you should read Paizo's Pathfinder community use policy. I believe that you are free to make all of the maps you want if you follow that policy...though I am unsure of the details so you should read it carefully yourself.

Cheers.
    M

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MadCartographer View Post
    Hi all,
    I wanted to post my WIP on Golarion the official Pathfinder world. This is the Norther part. Also I added a large island (Centaur Isle) so I will not infringe on Copyrights.
    A very naive notion of copyrights. You copy their work or derive from their work without permission, and you infringe. Simple as that.

(I am not a lawyer, for legal advice ask yours.)

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Ok, after reading the "Community Use info... I cant do "That" map... so, I'll delete it and post the map I can make in CC3, along with all the required "text". This thread wont be updated with any pics, but give me a few days and I'll post another with all the requirements.

Thanks for the info guys.
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.

I'm curious what it said. I have not read it but will someday. Care to summarize your interpretation in the meantime?
    M

Edit: Actually, just took a bit to read it. Looks as if the only issue you have is that you need to add their disclaimer text to the map somewhere? Or did I misinterpret it?
    Last edited by mearrin69; 09-01-2011 at 09:56 PM.