Thread: I wanna share my map of a bar...how?

Guild Novice

Question I wanna share my map of a bar...how?

I'm new to the forum and want to share a WIP map of modern-day sports bar. It's not fancy, but I've got to start somewhere. I'm trying to find directions for uploading. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am new to the forum and have never uploaded an image yet..... but if you use this quick reply box in the tool bar above their is a button that looks like a picture of a tree (if you mouse over it says 'image'). You can use it to upload from your PC or from a website. I know their is a size limit so if it gives you an error you may have to shrink the resolution.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

If you use the Go Advanced controls then you'll find a paper clip icon in the toolbar when you're composing your post. Click that and it opens the Attachment Manager window. You can upload your images there.

When you want to place the images in your post, click the arrow beside the paperclip and you'll see a list of your attachments. You can select each one and place them in the text as you're composing your post. You can attach a maximum of 5 images to a given post.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    If you use the Go Advanced controls then you'll find a paper clip icon in the toolbar when you're composing your post. Click that and it opens the Attachment Manager window. You can upload your images there.
    Okay, I went to the Attachment Manager and tried to upload my map. I got an error message telling me it's an invalid file. This is an FCW file from CC3. Do I need to change the format or something?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The following is supported ... so try "save as" - the most common format here is jpg cause everybody can see that without having to open any programs.

bmp 7.63 MB - -
    doc 4.77 MB - -
    gif 7.63 MB - -
    jpe 4.77 MB - -
    jpeg 4.77 MB - -
    jpg 4.77 MB - -
    pdf 7.63 MB - -
    png 4.77 MB - -
    psd 7.63 MB - -
    skp 4.77 MB - -
    svg 4.77 MB - -
    svgz 4.77 MB - -
    swf 4.77 MB - -
    txt 1.91 MB - -
    zip 4.77 MB - -
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by revaddict View Post
    Okay, I went to the Attachment Manager and tried to upload my map. I got an error message telling me it's an invalid file. This is an FCW file from CC3. Do I need to change the format or something?
    OK, for CC3 maps, the FCW is just the CC3 format for saving the file. To save the image as something everyone else can see (even as an FCW file I would need to open in CC3 to view it), you can do as I do and save as a rectangular PNG or JPEG image. Then you can upload that type of image to the forum.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave