Thread: USS Singularity - Star Trek Nova-class...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default USS Singularity - Star Trek Nova-class...

Hi all,
    It has been a long time indeed since I've done any 3D modeling. I'm eventually going to run a Star Trek game for my group and have been trying to decide on a ship for them. Finally settled on the Nova-class...it's a small science scout first seen in the Voyager episode Equinox. Found some cool deckplans here and decided to make a model of it - I may or may not take it to the very detailed state.

Here's the in-game description of the ship:
    USS Singularity (NCC-74855), Nova-class variant light research cruiser. Constructed: Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards. Commissioned: April 4, 2375. Assigned: Beta quadrant (May 5, 2375). Mission: Seek out and investigate various 'subspace tunnelling phenomena' for the development of new trans-warp propulsion technologies as directed by FSC and ADSB. Command crew: Commander Matthew LeBrasseur (Captain), Lt. Commander Tu'pok (First Officer). Current location: Deep Space 9 (May 11, 2375), awaiting new crew transfer. {this would be the PCs, of course}

Anyway, here's where I've gotten to. The main hull is coming along. The nacelles and pylons were literally just dropped in with minimal shaping so far - in fact, they're not even connected to the body yet. It all looks okay in flat-shaded mode but I'd like to try to use subdivision surfaces. Never tried sub-d modeling before, however, so I've got some learning to do before I'll be able to get it looking okay - have to figure out how to add edges so I get sharp edges where there should be sharp edges (instead of that horrible crumpling that's happening along the saucer section right now...looks like a bad crash!)
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	low.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	38250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subd.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	38251  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 09-03-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Didn't realize the pics were BMPs, replaced with JPG now.