Thread: A modern sports bar WIP

Guild Novice

Wip A modern sports bar WIP

Here's my first map. It's a "modern" sports bar. I say "modern" because it's not for a swords-and-sorcery fantasy rpg. Actually it's for Shadowrun, so it isn't exactly present-day either.

Anyway, it's my first map. Constructive criticism is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosco's jpg.JPG 
Views:	675 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	38252  
    Last edited by revaddict; 09-03-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Guild Novice

Wip

Let me try that again. Maybe this version will look better.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosco's jpg.JPG 
Views:	352 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	38253

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

mmmmmmmmmmmm shadowrun.

I like it, but I would add a lot more backroom storage. well.. any backroom storage

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it's a good start, but still seems kind of empty. There should be video games/pool tables/boots/etc. along the walls.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Ah, of course! Backroom storage and especially pool tables! I don't get to sports bars much. :-)

I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You might want some booths along the walls since there's some empty space there. The whole idea is to cram as many people in as possible in order to get their money for 8 dollars beers. Need some tv's as well for a sports bar. That long bar on the one wall should be closer to the kitchen so that the staff doesn't have to carry stuff that far and risk dropping it. Lastly, gotta have some restrooms.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Anybody know where I can find a pool table in CC3? I don't see one in the Modern Symbols Set.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    You might want some booths along the walls since there's some empty space there. The whole idea is to cram as many people in as possible in order to get their money for 8 dollars beers. Need some tv's as well for a sports bar. That long bar on the one wall should be closer to the kitchen so that the staff doesn't have to carry stuff that far and risk dropping it. Lastly, gotta have some restrooms.
    That's logical about the kitchen. Maybe I'll relocate it. The restrooms are on the top right.