Thread: The Isle of Vlyn - Comission

Default The Isle of Vlyn - Comission

The author of Dark Fate who commissioned the Andora map has written a novel, and wanted a quick redo of that map, showing the southern part of Andora and a detailed inset map of Vlyn, and change the labels to Portuguese. Since I had the source files I said I'd do it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlyn.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	682.2 KB 
ID:	38268

The components are all drawn in Inkscape and the layers composted in Gimp.

The oak leaf/acorn motif was made by searching for a few pictures, tracing them out in Inkscape, making some variations and then clone spraying them and adjusting them into clumps by hand. Yes I know oaks aren't vines, but consider it artistic liberty

The hardest part was fitting the map to the specified proportion and keeping things looking balanced.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it looks great, man. I think your style has really evolved to fit those trade paperback book type maps. Clean and crisp but subtle and legible. Very nice. Crap, can't rep ya so I owe ya some.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Yup, very clean alright. Lovely work man!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Really neat, love the old world style.

Guild Novice

Looks nice, unique style. Can't say I love that style but you sure do awesome maps!