Thread: Completed Map of Amrush - Hand-Drawn Style

Map Completed Map of Amrush - Hand-Drawn Style

Well, I think I'm finally going to call this map complete after a couple of days working on it, I'm pretty happy with the final result. I chose to go with the two different fonts because I wanted the text for the locations to have a fantasy-ish feel, while still being very easy to read, while I wanted the flavor notes and title and scale to have a look like being handwritten on the map. Overall I'm quite happy with the result... one continent down, 5 more to go... Although now that I know the style I want, should be a lot faster. Thanks for the comments in the WIP Thread .

If anyone is curious about the story behind the continent, it was the setting for my most recent D&D campaign, which I have hosted over at Obsidian Portal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amrush.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	35460
    Last edited by gaaran; 04-29-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Spelling error on map

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done!

If the city/town/etc. icons had the same "feel" as the rest of the map, it would be even better.
    No big deal really, just my opinion.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice .
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Map

Okay, I'm compulsive, I can't stop fiddling with this map. I changed the border and added some more flavor to the map, but I didn't change the map itself. I promise that this will be the last update:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amrush2.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	35476

Guild Novice

I really like that nice job!