This is my first (sort of) completed map in my first conworlding project. It's an area called Renakhna - a peninsula in the north of Zaebech, which is in turn one of the continents on Kaliros - my new world. It was created using Fractal Terrains, Adobe Illustrator CS5 and a little bit of Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Renakhna.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	38269

It needs more work. You'll notice that the southern nations haven't been finished. This is because I decided to work on them in the next map - to the south west of this one - and then copy the details onto this one. I've been very loosely using this awesome tutorial by HandsomeRob but I'm stuck on step 3/4 of his tutorial. My next map overlaps a lot with this one. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phrakana.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	38270

The problem comes when I try to copy the detail from the Renakhna map onto this one. There's quite a lot of distortion due to the curvature of the planet because I'm using a Lambert Azimuthal Equal-Area projection. I don't want to have to start again using in different kind of projection, although I realise Mercator would probably work better. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'd also like some feedback on the map if you have something to say and any questions are of course welcome.