Thread: [Illustrator] Hoffer's Wake

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Illustrator] Hoffer's Wake

This is a map of the starting star system from the video game Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos. The style is similar to the in game navigation system, though I used simpler geometric shapes instead of object silhouettes.

I'm starting up a Traveller game soon, and I decided to rip off the video game rather than generate my own environment at first. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a map of Hoffer's Wake out there anywhere, so hopefully fans of the game will find it useful.

I plan to make additional detail maps of the various planetary orbits over the next week or so, as well as deckplans of select asteroid bases and space stations, and ground maps of settled moons and planets.

At the moment, the scale is wildly inaccurate. I haven't decided yet if I want to spend the time to actually survey the system or just disclaim any pretentions toward accurate scaling.

Oh, and since I intend to eventually display this to my players via MapTool on my television, it's been designed to HDTV standards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hoffer's-Wake.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	38280  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name