Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop: Gradient Overlay

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Can't help ya with step 38, sorry, but maybe in a week I'll have things running properly on my end. Hopefully Coyote has a go for ya tho. Put up a screenshot so I can see what's what and that will help me much better. And don't worry about the frustration thing, when I was first learning Photoshop years ago and following tutorials I always messed them up so you're not alone there. I think everyone who has ever followed a tut has messed one up somewhere in the past. To this day I still can't make those shiny little ball things everyone else makes so well and I've done those tuts hundreds of times.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

i've got the tutorial loaded right now, i'll take a bit of a break from my current map and work it over and report on step 38

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Well I went through up to step 38, I can't replicate the issue you describe.
    Have you tried just saving, closing out PS, then reopening the file? I've had a few times where the program acts incomprehensibly to me, and it turns out it's been a program error.

Can you post a screenshot? if you can include the layer palette that might help too.

*note - these mountains will look very different to yours, I was playing around with a few techniques that I've always meant to try
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	step38.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	38295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	38297  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 09-06-2011 at 07:07 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12