Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eriiond: The Age of Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Soixante View Post
    Beautiful map, as are the rest of the maps of your world. One thing though, for me the sea labels are a little too subtle. So subtle as to make me really strain my eyes and lean in close to read them. Could just be my monitor, who knows.

Oh and, geographically, is there any particular reason why the deserts of your world are mostly situated close to the equator (unlike on earth, where they're around 30 degrees latitude north and south)? Not that it needs to mirror earth's climate or anything.
    Thanks. I went back and forth on the labels. On the one hand, I wanted them to be legible (obviously), but on the other, I was really trying to let the terrain on the map stand out, and I didn't wan the labels to be too prominent. But perhaps you are right, the compromise I reached might need a bit of reworking. Thanks for your input.

As to the deserts, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I wasn't aware of that fact. The climate and topography of Eriond is supposed to be similar to that of Earth, so this was an oversight on my part. Glad to know it though, this may be something I will have to go back and correct later on.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

It looks gorgeous Arsheesh.

Hehe, maybe it's shaped like a peanut?

Uh, I would love to know how you crate your image in Gimp first and then get Wilbur to create the rivers. I can't seem to get wilbur to do anything I want it to. Granted I haven't spent much time at all with it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax, a tut is in the works, but can't promise you when it will be done.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Really nice map. especially love the details, tiny rivers for instance.
    The sea is a bit too dark for my taste though but it's still a great job.
    Well done!

Have I mentioned it's a great map too? I love the detailed rivers, the colour scheme works great ... all in all it makes me think of a satellite map, and I'm pretty sure that's what you were after!

Hey thanks Dain and Lukc. Dain, I'm currently typing this from a computer other than my own and the colors are much darker than they appear on my monitor; I wonder if this is an issue with the brightness/contrast settings. At any rate, something for me to take into consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I'm currently typing this from a computer other than my own and the colors are much darker than they appear on my monitor
    -Arsheesh
    This usually happens with laptops, for instance and It's very frustrating, indeed.

That's great work arsheesh!

Have you see: Global Regional paleogeographic maps Ronald Blakey CP Geosystems ?

That might be entertaining. I'm out to flesh out a world to write to myself. I'd like it to be as real as possible. For the fun of effort.

Cheers to you and your creations arsheesh!

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudLion View Post
    That's great work arsheesh!

Have you see: Global Regional paleogeographic maps Ronald Blakey CP Geosystems ?

That might be entertaining. I'm out to flesh out a world to write to myself. I'd like it to be as real as possible. For the fun of effort.

Cheers to you and your creations arsheesh!

Best Regards.
    Thanks Cloud Lion! Actually this is the first I've seen of this, though it looks fascinating. I'll have to check it out. I wish you all the best in your own project, and welcome to the Guild! BTW, post up a WIP of your project once you get it going, we'd love to see it and you'll receive helpful feedback that way.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i have newfound respect for this after trying out the tutorial and failing miserably! I might try again someday...

great work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast