Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eriiond: The Age of Legends

Some of the techniques (particularly the mountain creation and height map sculpting) can be somewhat tricky and time consuming, but seeing the quality of your work V, I'm sure that you could employ these techniques to great effect once familiar with them (though that isn't to say that you should, your maps are so great anyway!).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i think its my general lack of aptitude with Gimp. though i have a lot of respect and appreciation for free software (especially inkscape and gimp which are more than capable programmes) i could never get used to the controls. Don't want to clog up this threat; i might take my questions to the tutorial thread.

thanks

Guild Novice

This map is quite beautiful. I absolutely love it.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

The global rotation is really cool. Can u share the passes and configuration used in Wilbur generator? For your rivers specially.

Quote Originally Posted by nrsearcy View Post
    This map is quite beautiful. I absolutely love it.
    Thanks nrsearcy!

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    The global rotation is really cool. Can u share the passes and configuration used in Wilbur generator? For your rivers specially.
    Thanks. Well it's been a while and I never wrote down the exact Wilbur configuration, but it is pretty close to what I mentioned in my Eriond Tutorial. As for the global map, I also wrote up a little tut on how to turn a map on a plain into a globe using GIMP, but that is quite separate from Wilbur; you can map any plain to a globe, including a height map previously run through Wilbur.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great map and nice colors

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Nice Work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123