Thread: Harud: A Thawing Ice World

Map Harud: A Thawing Ice World

This is Harud. It's recently come out of an ice age, which is why it has such weird seas. It's unsettled, so it's just a pure landscape.

I basically made it as an experiment to gain experience while I'm waiting for feedback on my big new project, Etarek. I just wanted to try following this tutorial to see how it turned out. I'm not happy with a lot of the rivers, but that's because I should have linked the seas better and got rid of more of the little ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harud Final.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	38417

Any feedback's cool. But I won't be working on it any longer because it was just a learning process really.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks good - and it's certainly a distinctive layout. I like the concept of the ice world and retreating glaciers. The many inland seas feel very artificial, but I guess that's the expectation of looking at a developed set of continents on our earth. Looking forward to seeing the next steps with these tools.

Great work on the atmosphere of those globes man, I'm impressed!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff here...looking forward to more.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.