Thread: Breaking down a world map

Help Breaking down a world map

A while back, someone was awesome enough to create a fantasy world map for me using Campaign Cartographer 3. This map looks amazing, and I do not wish to change anything about it. I have the original fcw file. This fantasy world is for a book I am writing, and it is also for an RPG.

Now, what I need is to break down the map into the different sections. I tried to do it myself, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to work CC3. I tried the "print screen" feature, but the map is so large (678 KB) that it does not capture all of the detail. I also have limited RAM, so just bringing the map up on my screen takes all of my laptop resources. I tried saving the map as a jpg, a bmp, and a png, but the output is too small.

Would there happen to be a generous, talented individual that could possibly help me with this? Please? I would be most grateful.

Hello again.

I am still looking for someone to help me with a map. It has already been created, but it is an enormous file. I would like to break it apart into the separate continents.

Is there anyone willing to assist me? Pretty please?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I don't use cc3 at all, so I can't help much, sorry

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm not a CC3 user either, I'm sure someone will be along before to much longer.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Would anyone perhaps be interested in touching up this map, so that the transitions are a little smoother?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anima.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	38693