Thread: Fractal Terrains Pro Installation and Configuration

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Help Fractal Terrains Pro Installation and Configuration

Hello Hive Mind. I am a new user of ProFantasy progrmans and a new enthusiastic in mapping. I bought CC# and some add-ons and get they runnig with no problems, but I am having some problems with Fractal Terrains Pro. Where do I put the "Terrain Data" folder that is avaiable to download togheter with the programs? The "Terraformer Package v0.50" is also a little problem but at least it comes with a pdf that explain things. In this regard (Terraformer) the only thing that I have to do is copy the archives inside the folder "T050_Lgt" to the folder "oloring" on FT right? All the rest I can let in the folder of Terraformer and navigate to is as needed right?

I see in the manual that I can "Click the Advanced button and select Metric Units if you would prefer to use meters, kilometers and degrees Celcius" but in my program there is no "advanced button"....

My version is already 2.3

Thanks in advance

Mateus

Edit: I also cant find whre I can chenge climate... Oh God... Am I reading the right manual? =)
    Last edited by Mateus090985; 09-12-2011 at 03:56 PM.

You're in luck, the creator of Wilbur (the engine behind Fractal Terrains Pro) is a regular here by the moniker of Waldonrate. He will likely be along shortly and give you the best advice for that.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thats good news =). I am trying by myself, but both the program and the manual are not very intuitive and I am having a really hard time understand and putting in pratic the concepts and tools of FT.

:O Waldonrate's the maker of Wilbur!?.. I bow to him humbly..

Step zero when working with FT: download the update from your registration page on ProFantasy's web site. Step one: Visit http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/CGTutorial/index.html for a good starting point on using FT. FT's interface has changed a bit over time and the manual is probably older than the software. I'm not sure what's shipping these days. Step two: play!

As an aside, that avatar icon to the left should look like two familiar program icons...

Ok. I will take a closer look on this tutorial. Thanks for the indication and for your time.

Mateus

Y-yeah.. I'm a bit slow.