Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What software to use for everything not on the map?

Blog Entries

I started using Tiddlywiki and Notecase from this thread, great stuff. Here's my Tiddlywiki http://home.ptd.net/~miller67/ I've found alot of Tuts on things like hiding the edit functions when its uploaded, changing themes etc. really neat, just need to finish doing it. I did get maps linked in, that was easy, they're in the tiddlers right under the site title.
    Last edited by Revock; 12-09-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Goddesses.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	40541
    Quote Originally Posted by Revock View Post
    I started using Tiddlywiki and Notecase from this thread, great stuff. Here's my Tiddlywiki http://home.ptd.net/~miller67/ I've found alot of Tuts on things like hiding the edit functions when its uploaded, changing themes etc. really neat, just need to finish doing it. I did get maps linked in, that was easy, they're in the tiddlers right under the site title.
    Nice work, Revock! I think the next thing I'm going to tackle with TiddlyWiki is figuring out how to share them online too.
    Speaking of putting some of this into practice, here is a PNG export from FreeMind of a mind map I did this afternoon while collecting some of my ideas about creating a pantheon of goddesses based on the nine traditional D&D alignments for a homebrew fantasy world I want to create. While the process isn't as evident from just looking at a PNG, I was able to just think creatively, move things around and edit on the fly as the thoughts and ideas came to me. I can come back later to the mind map too and pick up where I left off and expand on and edit my ideas as well. It's a really valuable tool and a great way to get random thoughts organized as they come up.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Blog Entries

That looks way cool! Jaerdaph,
    I'm looking forward to a link to your wiki. I've been searching for a definitive straightforward explanation of the TiddlyWiki CSS, it's surprisingly difficult to find. I began by using the Tuts here: http://www.giffmex.org/tw/tiddlywikicentral.html TWfortherestofus/recent changes/using tiddlywiki for webpages. Although i didn't follow every bit he reccomended. You might notice on my minduril page that if you mouse over between "forum" and "search" you'll get a pointer to the hidden showrightsidebar link. Sadly I've yet to get the edit links in each tiddly hidden or the header a bit thinner to reclaim space. Also looked into PMwiki, easy to set up, plenty of themes.

I'm going to continue adjacent maps in my world and building in NWN or NWN2 after the holidays
    Last edited by Revock; 12-17-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more info, pertaining to this thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234