Thread: Tutorials and Permissions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Question Tutorials and Permissions

Hello all!

I hope you brought coffee, this isn't a short post

Also, FYI, this post is mostly for the admins but anyone with good data to contribute, please do, it will be appreciated.

I'm an avid RPG'er from over at Myth-Weavers.com

I've also had a commission world map made here in the past thanks to one of your talented members and was very pleased with the result.

As such I'm also reasonably familiar with this site.

Currently I've been working on a series of wiki based guides for RPG'ers on MW. One of the GMing responsibilities, map making, is a very important skill and thus will have it's own article.

Originally the map making info was stuffed into the "world building" article, but it's a very large topic (as you are all aware) and I've decided to expand map making into it's own section.

Being that I am aware the the cartographers guild has literally hundreds of threads on this very subject I wanted to see if I could utilize your forums once again in a joint site effort.

Please note: I am not an official Representative of MW, however, I do work frequently with the staff on projects like this and other side-wide features as I frequently just take the initiative to start projects for the site, finish them and hand them off. At present the guides already suggest seeking out information here at Cartographers Guild and provides a link on the appropriate wiki page, however I was looking to work a little bit closer with this site in developing the map making page and was also given a blessing to do so under the pretense of attempting to continue to improve site relations.

After asking around I was referred to these two threads:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...l-in-Photoshop

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...%93-a-tutorial

as being among the best.

I was curious to know firstly, if there is a video format of these tutorials available. I would like to feature both a written and a video format to cater to both styles of learning.

Secondly I would like to obtain permissions to include these tutorials with links provided here or to expressly link back here to these articles (it would be more beneficial to reprint these in the wiki however as the file attachments require a login to this site to view unless the posts were to be edited to include an img bbcode).

In either case traffic will be referred here and we have already made it a point to suggest the site but would consider sponsoring a direct link on the map making article (to include a banner if you wanted and were able to provide one) as gratitude for assistance and cooperation in this matter.

Before agreeing to permissions, please be aware of the wiki policies for copyright and trademark by viewing the following links:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/ind...ral_disclaimer

http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/ind...Privacy_policy

The important thing is that you note all wiki data is licensed/shared under the creative commons attribution share-alike 3.0 and the GNU free document license.

If your site is willing to assist in this fashion, please respond here or email me directly. i will check back here in roughly 24-48 hours.

On a side note... In the not so distant future I also plan on having several other projects that are sponsored by MW that I am certain some members of here may wish to volunteer for (I am also the executive producer for some upcoming MW Modules that are currently in production), however in the mean time, we'll start with just this one project.

Thank you all very much.

I hope very much we can all work together to make a wonderful set of guides and I appreciate any assistance and cooperation in this matter.

As the primary author of the MW Guides I would also like to encourage/give my blessing to your site to link to, utilize, cannibalize or otherwise "ize" the MW GUIDES I linked above.

Ambassador KLOK KAOS, www.AKKsite.com
    Last edited by AKK; 09-15-2011 at 03:16 AM.

thanks so much for that!

Admittedly I'm not a the greatest map maker, which makes writing a guide on it a little rough for me (lots of research). I usually just sketch MS paint for my adventures so the players get the gist, unless it's a setting map, and it's actually easier on my time table just to hire people here to do it.

Just checking back here for word from up top...

Looks like I'll have to make another pass by tomorrow.

I have sent it to your inbox

Any word from the powers that be on this?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

We are still discussing it, you should have a reply before to long.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.