Hello folks,

I'm currently planning a campaign but unfortunately the map provided by the sourcebook is less than terrific. It is just too small- how would you squeeze 5000 people into 80 houses and call that a major city? (Due to copyright I cannot show you the original map, I'm sorry, but trust me- it looks like a deserted little village and not like a city)
So I decided to come up with my own map of the town. I tried to change some of the most important things:

-make it bigger
-give it a scale
-make the Roman-like culture that founded the city more visible (e.g. grid-like street layout)
-lighten the whole thing up so players can write on it (original was pretty much grey over a greyer grey)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neetha-sw.pdf 
Views:	331 
Size:	513.7 KB 
ID:	38538

So here's what I've come up with so far. I think I'll make a coloured version just for the sake of pretty pictures, but I'd really like to know what you think should be added to enhance usefulness for players (apart from the scale on which I'm working! for a measure: the forum in the middle is about 100 metres long and 50-60m wide) I consider changing the water but I don't know whether to make it dark and the land white, or vice versa, or something completely different. What do you think?