Thread: Printing on something besides paper

Guild Applicant

Question Printing on something besides paper

Been lurkng a whle now and well, starting to get ideas on a new project. I usually work by hand and was thinking of making a map on something like Tyvek. Any thoughts? I thought it'd be a good hand-out for the game I'm going to run as well as be something that would actually last because spils and such shouldn't bother the "paper" itself. And yes, I know working by hand sounds like a nutty thing to do but I just like the feeling of actually drawing on something.

Thanks For Reading,
    James P.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't know about printing on Tyvek but I know permanent markers work on it. Come to think of it, if there are spills and hand smudges then permanent marker might be the only thing you could use. Of course, you'd have to draw things by hand that way. What many folks do is print their map on regular paper then just have it laminated at Kinko's.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I bought some paintings that were done on average cardboard. look really nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

we mostly play on paper maps, but we have sometimes just put some plastic over it to be able to use non-permanent markers
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise