Thread: Looking for encounter maps for iPad game prototyping

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for encounter maps for iPad game prototyping

Hi folks.

First off, forgive me if this isn't the proper forum to post this sort of request.

I'm looking for [EDIT] finished / OR UNFINISHED[EDIT] encounter maps of ANY KIND OR QUALITY for an iPad app I'm working on in my spare time. I'm hoping folks would be nice enough to let me borrow a few for prototyping only (I'm not gonna fly off with them and slap an app on the Apple Store or redistribute them in any way!!!) a simple physics engine and basic AI interaction. Matter of fact, I've already got the physics editor and simple seeking-AI in place and working fine. I just haven't had the time (or the skill yet) to slap many together using CC3 and DD.

Here's what I currently do to flesh out a finished map:

http://vimeo.com/26550423

I wanted to put it through it's paces with other folk's maps in order to identify unforeseen issues on a variety of different map types.

Sure, I could just troll through the forums here and snatch a bunch on my own, but that's not very cool to do plus I wanted to show folks what their maps looked like when brought to life in a simple iPad app.

The app itself is not meant as a VTT, rather, a simple "casual-esque" (rad, a new word?!) single engagement, quick resolution battle here and there.

I'll take whatever folks can spare, and I appreciate anyone's help in advance!

Best,
    Mario
    Last edited by booticus; 09-18-2011 at 04:10 PM.