Thread: New Gimp Brushes for City Buildings

Guild Novice

Link New Gimp Brushes for City Buildings

Hey guys, I've added 2 new brushes and have them up on DrivethruRPG. Let me know what you think.

DriveThruRPG.com - Morgajel - Gimp Brushes

Default Medina Brush is Awesome!!

I had some input on this brush designed by Morgajel and it really fills a need for this type of city depiction. I've searched long and hard for a quick / easy way to depicted super crowded cities like the ancient medinas of the middle-east and never found anything that worked well. This brush fills that need. It's fast, easy to use and produces good results. I'll post some examples here once I have some time to work with it. Please think about picking it up and giving him a bit of $ for his efforts.

Thanks for sharing this set. I'm trying to make a city map, but it's even more complex than making a regional map, IMHO. This brush set could work for me. Will try it as soon as I get home.

Guild Novice

Let me know how they work!

Very cool looking! And I think I might find these to be invaluable in making city maps.

But is there any way you could make a version that is compatible with photoshop?

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Altrunchen View Post
    Very cool looking! And I think I might find these to be invaluable in making city maps.

But is there any way you could make a version that is compatible with photoshop?
    Unfortunately, no. I don't have a copy of photoshop or windows, and from what I've been told, photoshop lacks the "hose" functionality that gimp has.

Guild Novice

These are working great for me as I am doing some generic town mapping for my game. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.