Thread: CC3 Terrain Help?

Question CC3 Terrain Help?

Ok, I've recently gotten CC3, and I'm liking it quite well. The only other map program I've ever used is Hexographer, which has its uses, but I want to make maps that are a bit more.. map-like. I've got my main landmass made, and I want to add some different climates. I know I can use the terrain to add in different areas over the basic land mass, but is there a way to make it conform to the border of the original landmass? For instance, I want to add a snowy area to the top portion of the map, but the terrain tool keeps wanting to put it out in the ocean, or it doesn't line up with the borders well. How do I fix this? Or do I have to go to Photoshop or paint?

Not exactly sure what you mean here. Are you saying you have the land mass, and you want to add a snow texture to the land mass and have the coastal portion for example, follow the same path?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

There is a tool called "Trace" that should do what you want.
    FantasyMapMaker.com - free fantasy maps for commercial or personal use ~ Campaign Cartographer 3 Review

This thread over at the Profantasy CC3 message boards might be of interest: http://forum.profantasy.com/comments...&page=1#Item_8
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I find that the trace tool is not as cooperative as I would like. Though I did just buy the program so maybe it is just me but the trace "cursor" will shoot around randomly or just stop then jump across the landmass, is there a step I am missing or is there another option?