Thread: LordNightwinter reporting for geekery!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post LordNightwinter reporting for geekery!

I have been pondering creating a map for a book I have finished for some time now. Since the story is in the hands of an editor I figured why the hell not. I ran across one of Ascension's tutorials in Google, namely Antique Maps in Photoshop. From there I created my own map (included below) of Anub'Volthrak, the desert continent my book is centered in and around. Honestly I believe I'll be around for a long stay after browsing the talent on this board.

I'm an IT Project Manager by trade with experience in web design, SharePoint, graphics design, programming, and a smattering of other things that are generally IT related. My free time is spent PC gaming or Pen-and-Paper gaming. I've been a DM/GM for 19 years and I've survived parties in everything from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shadowrun, and all editions of Dungeons and Dragons.

As I said above I'm a fantasy writer with a completed manuscript that is currently being murdered by my editor. Anyway a collective thanks for the articles and tutorials here guys, big help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper Map (Final, Adjusted Mileage).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	38665
    Last edited by LordNightwinter; 09-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.