Thread: Hello - Ciao! (from Italy)

Post Hello - Ciao! (from Italy)

Hi everybody!

I'm a totally newbie mapper from Italy, who wants to learn how create fantasy maps with Photoshop and other sw.

I found the site and the community here thrilling and amazing, so I decide to register and see how the real professionals work.

I'm enthusiastic to be here, and I hope to do my part adding some of my maps very soon!

Ciao a tutti!

Hi Xilph!

It's great to have you here. Your best bet would be to check out the tutorial section (if you haven't already) and take a look at the Gimp / photoshop tutorials there. There are a couple by RobA and Pyrandon which show you how to make a map from scratch - that might be a good place to start.

Most of us are not professionals - we make maps as a hobby, so if we can do it, then you certainly can too.

Benvenuto al nostro gruppo!

Ciao!

Ravs.

Xilphridous -

Glad to have you here. As Ravs stated, there are a few tutorials floating about that can get you started.

In addition, if you reference the style of maps that you are interested in creating, post up links to them. That will provide a bit more insight into the style/type of map and let the great people here make more specific pointers.

-Rob A>

Welcome to the group Xilph. Glad to see the group becoming more internationally known.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome, Xilphridous! I am looking forward to seeing your progress from newbie to expert--and just so you know, I plan to learn from you as much as you learn from me/us!

Are you experienced with Photoshop at all, or a newbie to that program as well? Do you have any work you could post now, so we can see where you are currently? Also, I agree with Ravells that posting your favorite map styles would help too.

Finally, never be afraid to ask for help, or even request a tutorial or wlk-thru. I think you'll see this is the most helpful, sharing place on the Internet!

Welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]