Thread: Let the Mapping begin

Default Let the Mapping begin

Hello,

Let me just start by saying I still do the maps I do the old way. Drawn by hand. I have zero skill with any cartography program, but I've always been interested in the output I've seen from some really talented fantasy cartographers. I've toyed with commissioning someone to put some of those hand drawn maps through their paces, but who has the money for that?

I made my way over here from another site, where my handle is slightly different, and I'm excited to see the work being done here. I might learn something, but even if I don't, there is a lot of excellent talent here to drool over.

Man these maps are sweet.

Wolf ~

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

It's always nice to have "old way" artists here =). Be welcome.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild. I think you will find that a lot of the maps in here are done "the old way" - ie. manual drawing, we're just a lot of people who draw directly in the computer instead of on paper first. Check out our tutorials and when you're ready to start mapping make a WIP thread for help and critique while you work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I certainly will. I'm also currently trying to find a scanner large enough to scan in some of my hand drawn maps so I can begin doctoring them at some point.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.